Carrier Opportunity In Pharmacy
1. Government Jobs - Pharmacist can opt for different State Government exams as there career like Drug Inspectors, Drug Controller, Govt. Analysts, and scientist in ICMR & CSIR. UPSC & SSC recruit Drug Inspectors from time to time. Eligibility is Diploma in Pharmacy or Bachelors in Pharmacy and must have 18 months experience of C and C1 drugs in industry and registered as pharmacist in Pharmacy Council of state.
2. Government hospitals and clinics - Pharmacist have better career opportunities in Central Government Hospitals on permanent basis like ESIC and AIIMS, Railways, and States like Delhi.
3. Pharmaceutical Marketing - B.Pharm freshers are employed in marketing of pharmaceutical products and medical devices as Medical Representatives (MR). They have career opportunities in marketing depending on the networking ability, knowledge and communication skills.
4.Pharmaceutical industry – Pharmacy graduates and post graduates have ample opportunities in various fields in pharmaceutical industries.
- Research and development
- Manufacture and quality assurance
- Drug information
- Patent applications and drug
- Sales and marketing
- Regulatory Affairs
5. Medical Underwriting - Pharmacy graduates can also start their career as a medical writer who having a sound knowledge in pharmacology, anatomy and medical terminologies. Job responsibilities could be as medical scribes or medical transcription or medical coder or check insurance related records or write medical related document etc.
6. Clinical research - Recently, Clinical research has also opened its door for B.Pharm graduates as Medical Underwriter, CRO, Data Validation Associate, Clinical Research Associate Etc.
7. Drug store or wholesaler - Every registered pharmacist gets a license to run a medical shop. Wholesale Supplier of medicines to other stores is also a good career if you are able to establish fruitful relations with medical shop owners.
8. Pharmaceutical company - Ambitious persons can set up their own manufacturing facility or can market medicines under their own brand name.
9. Certificate Courses after B.Pharm - These skill development courses are best suited to land you with respectable job after you complete training in clinical trials, patents, data analysis etc.
10. M. Pharm/ MBA/M.S - M.Pharm can be done in pharmaceutics, pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry, clinical pharmacology, pharmacognosy, biotechnology etc. Some universities offer Pharma Management courses also. If MBA Institute is reputed you will get good package. Those who are interested in doing job in pharmaceutical companies in foreign countries can pursue Master of Science in pharmacy and related M.S degrees from foreign universities. NIPER in India also provide M.S Pharm Course
11. Ph.D - Ph.D is suitable to those who are interested in research, and professor’s jobs in government colleges. After Ph.D salaries are handsome in reputed companies and government colleges.
12. Pharm D - The Pharm D is a 6 years course but after B.Pharm it is total 3 years course out of which 2 years of academics and 1 year of training in hospital. Then, appear for NAPLEX and one can register as pharmacist in most of the countries. It involves all the aspects of clinical pharmacology and drug administration covering chiefly drug interactions and adverse effects. It will go to prove more ascents to pharmacist.